Team 6217—The Fellowship ￼￼
We have reached out to the engineering community:
- Simulia (Ms. Jeffrey)
- Ms. Jeffrey brought a software engineer from Simula to work with us on programming.
- Amgen (Mr. Turnbull)
- Lead engineer from Amgen helped us develop ideas for our "claw" and linear slide system.
- Hasbro (Brian Redman)
- Mr. Redman is a toy designer. He 3-D printed T-nuts that Emily designed, and brought us a Maker-Bot printer to use.
- Cigna Insurance (Ken K.)
- A computer engineer worker helped Ben with our autonomous code.
- Fortune Rope (Mr. Chabot)
- We brought our robot to have a professional examine our linear slides and help us determine the proper cable to use with them.
- Federal Products (Mr. Machowski)
- A retired producer, Mr. Machowski helped with the linear slides, providing tools and parts.
- NEIT (Saskia)
- Taught SolidWorks to our coach, Mrs. Cerullo, and 3-D printed some parts for us.
- The ICon Group (Mr. Chretien)
- Mentor; works with us on programming and design.
- Pet therapy dog. (Keeps team members occupied providing her attention.)
We have promoted FIRST® to students and community:
- CS4RI (Computer Science for Rhode Island) (Photos)
- We presented our robot and FIRST® to 1,800 students, demonstrating Gracious Professionalism as well as the capabilities of our robot.
- FLL (RI FIRST LEGO League® Championship) (Photos)
- We volunteered as Referees, Judges, and MCs over the past five years.
- We presented our robot and FIRST Tech Challenge® to elementary and middle school participants, parents, and spectators each of the last five years. We gave students (and adults) the opportunity to drive our robot.
- Women & Infants' Hospital (Providence, RI) (Photos)
- We presented our robot and FIRST® to the staff of the surgical department and received a tour of the da Vinci robotic surgery system.
- Rotary Club (Scituate, RI)
- We presented our robot and showcased FIRST Tech Challenge® at the Rotary Club annual dinner each of the past three years.
- We provided volunteer labor to the Rotary Club to help them setup and operate their booth at the Scituate Art Festival each of the past three years.
- Scituate Middle School FLL and High school FTC (Scituate, RI) (Photos)
- We assisted the Scituate FLL and FTC teams with programming and design.
- Scouts (Scituate, RI)
- We presented our robot and showcased FIRST Tech Challenge® at all three Scituate, RI Scout troops over the past three years. (Members of our troop who are Scouts have earned the Robotics merit badge.)
June 2 is National Team Fellowship Day
Please tweet "National Team Fellowship Day June 2, 2017" with the hashtags #teamfellowshipday, #6217, #Team6217, #TheFellowship, #FIRST, #FirstInspires. ￼
Scituate Middle School and High School Outreach...